Wow! I can't believe we have made it to 30 weeks with minimal complications. Here's a little run down of what's going on. As delivery time gets closer, our doctor's appointments get much more technical. My cervix length has remained strong in the 2.2-2.5 range for the past several weeks now. If it got as short as 1.5 I was going to be hospitalized. I had a test done last week, called "fetal fibronectin," which tests for preterm labor. If the test comes out negative, you have a 0% chance of going into labor within the next 2 weeks. If it comes out positive, you have a 16%chance of going into labor within the next 2 weeks and have to get a steroid shot for the babies' lungs and brains. I was super nervous because if it came back positive, my bed rest would have gotten even stricter. I couldn't imagine having to be more down than I already have been for the last 6 weeks! Thank God it came back negative, so my modified bed rest is still in effect, but nothing stricter was put into place and I now have peace of mind for a little while. I am also negative for Step B, 0 centimeters dialated, and at -3, which are all really good things!
I will have one more fetal fibronectin test next week. I don't think we'll need the steroid shot since they only give it up to 32 weeks. The test I had last week pretty much has me covered through 32 weeks. In regards to my cervix, we are now worried about anything less than 1, rather than 2, which is great. I will be completely off of bed rest at 34 weeks as they don't stop labor with twins at that point. He said I can start dancing again at 36 weeks (yeah right!). We also discussed vaginal birth versus c-section. I have been preparing myself for a c-section, but my doctor said that if both babies' heads are down (which they have been for the last few weeks) we are going to do a vaginal birth. It will be a game time decision, though. I just told him that I definitely don't want 2 recoveries.
My doctor told me today that he is really pleased with everything. I am amazed that my little 5'2 body is doing as well as it is. We have an anatomy ultrasound on Wednesday, which is fun because we get to see how big the babies are! Thanks for all of your prayers...keep them coming!
Monday, March 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Yeah! It took you so long to get to this point I am so happy for you guys that everything is going so well! I can't believe you are almost there!
ReplyDeleteThis seriously makes me cry! happy tears of course! I couldn't be more happy and excited for you guys...and I'm just so glad everything is going well. Thank you, God!
ReplyDeleteAnd, you are doing awesome. You are already an amazing mom, doing whatever it takes to take care of your little ones. :)