Saturday, January 16, 2010

We are in full baby mode now!



Last weekend with the help of my mom and Angela, I registered at Babies r Us. Oh my gosh...so overwhelming! Three and a half hours later, we were finally finished. I couldn't have done it without their fabulous help. I can't believe how much stuff two babies need!

We also ordered all of the furniture last weekend. Our parents were super generous and bought each baby their crib and mattress. It is all so beautiful. These are two very lucky babies!

Ryan started working on the babies' room this past week. He painted the closet and with his dad's help put in closet organizers. Now it just needs clothes in shades of pink and blue to complete it! The picture above is of my poor little princess, Roxi. The babies' room used to be her room. She loved sleeping on the guest bed and recently lost it to the babies. The bed found a new home at my brother's house. We left her dog bed in there, but Ryan moved it into the closet once he started preparing the room for all of the work ahead. We came upstairs one evening to find pitiful Rox sleeping on her bed in the closet!

We are going on Monday to order the babies' bedding from The Baby Guy. Their grandparents are spoiling them again as they are completing the cribs by buying the bedding too! We love Papa Jim, Nonnie, Papa Louie, and Grammy so much!

4 comments:

  1. Oh your welcome...it was fun! All so exciting! Poor Rox, she isn't going to know what hit her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see everything put together in their room. So, so adorable!!! And Rox, don't worry, no one will forget about you either! I'm thinking a pink and brown polka dot matching bed for you too, Roxi!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. how exciting! Decorating a nursery must be so much fun.
    Poor Roxi, I have 2 doggies that I fear will feel neglected when our baby comes too...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh poor little Roxi! Now your hands will definitely be twice as full compared to ours with little Maddy, but I will tell you that our pup Brooklyn has still felt the love. She is, after all, our first baby :). And another bright side -- we had lots of people at the house. People brought things for both Brooky and Maddy so she wouldn't feel left out! haha. Brooklyn participates in lots of 'baby to do's' as well. For example, when we're feeding Maddy, Brooklyn lays right there under our legs, or comes into her room with us when we change her. So we can't ever forget about the pup :). I know sweet, loveable Roxi will probably do the same!

    ReplyDelete