Wednesday, November 11, 2009
Our first appointment with our OB!
We met our OB today for the first time, Dr. Clayton. Ryan and I loved him! I was really comforted by the fact that he delivers 95-99% of his patients' babies and if he's not available he has certain doctors that he uses, so it's never someone random. It was really weird, but so wonderful because for the first time I felt like a normal pregnant patient...I'm not a fertility patient any more. The big news was that we got to hear our babies heartbeats today, which was so cool. My abdomen is measuring right at 12 weeks. He also said that being only 5'2, I'm going to get huge! I think I'm going to need to find underwear that's weighted in the butt to balance me! As long as everything continues to go well I will have to stop working at 28 weeks and live the life of a "southern belle" as Dr. Clayton put it. He said that typically twins come 3 weeks early and that 50% are vaginal and 50% are c-section deliveries. We will see him every 4 weeks for right now and have our first ultrasound at 18 weeks and then we will have one every 2 weeks. Our ultrasounds are with a special high risk perionatologist (no idea how to spell that). I guess their doctors that specialize in babies that are in utero. Yay...we are so excited!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Glad to hear everything went well! Whoa 28 weeks! That is crazy! You are going to get crazy huge! Well maybe like I was with James, that was like two twins practically! :)
ReplyDeleteYay! I'm so glad you started a blog! Now we will be able to see your sweet little ones grow! Congratulations by the way! We are SUPER excited for you both! My dream is to have twins someday. It will be such a sweet experience. I hope you enjoy being pregnant. There is nothing like it! I absolutely LOVED it. It can be uncomfortable at times, especially with two, but It's fascinating how the body changes in order to bring life into the world. Good luck and we pray that everything continues to go well with you guys. Hopefully we'll be able to see you guys again soon! I love your little belly bump. You make me want to get pregnant again!
ReplyDelete