Sunday, November 4, 2012

My first borns are 2 1/2!

What? Where is the time going and how did my babies turn into little people who talk in sentences, have opinions, and bring more and more joy (and challenges too!) each and every day into my life. Here's a little update on Clayton and Chloe...

Clayton:
*Is all about the color blue! Everything he wants has to be blue.
*He wants everything now...his infamous phrase "I like that." Translation=buy it for me, Mommy!
*Is extremely athletic--from basketball to soccer, this boy has got skills!
*His language is impressive and ability to put sentences together even more so. Some favorites are:
  "Thank you, Mommy" when he brings something he shouldn't have to you, "I want to watch ______", "I want to go to the park," and then "5 more minutes" or "I still playing" when we are there! And then the best is "I can't see it" whenever you talk about anything that you see or saw. He goes nuts until he sees whatever it is you are talking about.
*Loves to climb and jump and the climbing is getting higher and jumping getting more extreme.
*He still loves his blankie.
*He is a pretty good listener and understands reasoning and negotiating.

Chloe:
*Is all about her babies! She loves her babies; loves pushing them in their stroller, brushing their hair, and feeding them.
*All she wants from Santa is a new baby and a new stroller--I envision a collection of dolls in her future! Mommy loves that she's into girly toys now.
*She tries to keep up with Clayton's athleticism, but our sweet girl isn't the most coordinated; however she LOVES to dance and dances really well!
*She's a talking machine now! Chloe has 4-5 word sentences and like twins do, misuses the same words/phrases as Clayton. Some of her best lines are: "Thank you Mommy" when she brings something she shouldn't have to you, "More mook (milk) please," "I do" or "My do" because she has to do everything by herself--little Miss Independent for sure!, and our absolute favorite is listening to her say her name "Cody Grace Caaalos."
*She is a little clumsy, but handles her falls better now.
*Did I mention her independence?! Oh my, we are in for it with Chloe. She doesn't want my help, but then when she can't do it, she loses it and throws a ginormous temper tantrum.

Every day is an adventure. Some days are better than others, but my children are my life's greatest accomplishment and bring me more joy than I ever could have dreamed.


Clayton looking cool in his sunglasses

Little guy wants to be just like his Daddy!

Having fun with the first rain!

Showing off...the theme of toddlerhood!

Daddy's trip to Target resulted in a new Jake boat for Clay and...

a new baby for Chloe.

Clayton inherited my dad's old football helmet--
it's the perfect addition to his room decor and fun to put on too! 

Listening so well at pre school practice.

Very proud of their pumpkin art project!


Let's go play baseball! Time for sports camp!

No comments:

Post a Comment