Wednesday, April 14, 2010

We made it to 34 weeks!!!!



Yesterday we saw our perinatologist, Dr. Azarat, for the LAST time! We officially graduated! The office couldn't believe we made it to our 34 week ultrasound. Baby boy is weighing 5 pounds 2 ounces and baby girl is weighing 4 pounds 5 ounces. He's going to be big like his daddy and she's going to be petite like her mommy. Even though she's a bit smaller, Dr. Azarat said she is perfectly fine. He loves making fun of how small I am. He was so proud of how far we made it as are we! His goal is for me to make it to 35 weeks.

We also saw our OB, Dr. Clayton, today who is equally as happy with everything. Per my request I am continuing Procardia, which is the contraction medication I've been taking. It seems to be working really well. So, if I make it to next Monday, I will continue on the same dosage and then he will ween me off starting Monday. I measure at 39 weeks. I now don't have to call him until my contractions are 7 minutes apart. His goal is for me to make it to 36 weeks, but he definitely won't let me go past that. So we will for sure have babies in less than 2 weeks! I will be absolutely shocked though if we make it that far, but who knows at this point!

Both doctors would prefer for me to continue bedrest because they want me to bring the babies home with us, but I was given permission to move a little more and to just listen to my body. So, I am doing a little bit more here and there around the house and going on an outing a day or a little walk...never thought I'd be so excited to walk into a store as I was to go to Michael's the other day!

So, I imagine our next update will be to share that the babies have arrived, but you never know...we could actually make it to the 36 week mark!

Keep us in your thoughts and prayers this next week!

1 comment: