Friday, February 19, 2010
Bedrest...oh bedrest!
I have officially started week 3 of bedrest and while it is SO boring, the rewards are definitely paying off. At our doctor's appointment on Tuesday, we were quite alarmed to learn that my cervical length had shortened again. We were convinced it was due to the fact that the whole morning we took maternity pictures at our house, but still we were quite scared. The doctor ordered me to do nothing for the next three days and to come back today, Friday. Thank God we are back up to 3! So, while there still isn't any strong research to support whether or not bedrest works, it clearly is helping me. We go back again in a week and then most likely will reevaluate the terms of my bedrest then or possibly the following week when I am 28 weeks. Regardless, though, I intend to continue doing basically nothing until I am confident that the babies are big and strong enough to come out and play!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

It seems like an eternity but is really such a short time and well worth it!! You are such a good mommy and the babies love you soooo much for what you are doing for them. This is only the beginning of what a mommy will do for her children.
ReplyDelete